October 18, 2010

 
Video of me driving my mini scooter.  Look carefully, on the left of the road, in orange, I'm driving my scooter...  This is a quiet road, leading me to the beach, a few km away from Puducherry.  Trafic is a little crazy here, I didn't want to post a vid of me in real trafic so i don't make anyone nervours.  Dad, no worries, I will be ok, I promis I am being careful!
I will post many pictures, most of Puducherry (or Pondicherry same city), some of Mamallapurum.  I might not explain each one, but hope to share with you some of the beautiful moments I am living.

 Beautiful, right?  This is the sewer system in Pondicherry, flowing across from it.  The smell is sometimes intense, yet the beauty of the city and its people make up for it.



 The lovely Julie and Bernard, the parents of this beautiful family I was talking about in my last post.  Thanks for sharing some amazing moments and conversation with me, may you be bless on your journey!  (I now realize that I have not taken a good pic of their teens, Charlotte and Nicolas, thanks to facebook I'll be able to go see some pics of them anyway!  Take care guys!  Take this amazing opportunity your parents are offering you, and breath it all in.  It is easy to take it for granted, yet you are very lucky, remember that!  lots of love your way guys!

 Firefighter station in Pondicherry


 La magnifique Helene, such a beautiful soul.  We have enjoyed each other's company for a few days of travelling and teaching to one another.  I am thankful for meeting her, I will certainly see you again my friend.
It is with her that we have rented a motorcyle, 150HP, she drives it like any indian man!!!  Thanks again girl, take care on the rest your journey!



 Above, Sandeep, a friend I made in Bangalore.  He came to spend a few days in Pondicherry, it was fun to have a local person with me, got to experience some different stuff.

 Rice plantation.
 Me with my, of course, orange shirt.  Happy to travel, visit, meet incredible people, and teachers.  Somewhere between Pondicherry and the beach... Thanks for the hat Alvin, it keeps my heap protected from the sun!


I love my scooter!!!
Goats taking the morning sun in!  yoga is for everyone here!  lol
Beach in Pondicherry


Sunrise in Mamallapurum, yes, I was up that early!

 600-700 AC sculptures, in Mamallapurum, the home of the stone sculpting artists.  It takes them up to 7 years to learn this art today.  I visited a few shops, one of the student and his teacher explained how the whole process is done.  What patience, it can take up to a week, of full time work, to do a small simple piece.  You can all guess I wouldn't be good at this!  lol
Lovely lady in Mamallapurum, a bit dark, I'm used to have photoshop to brighten it up... sorry guys...
 Helen and this beautiful elephant!
 I'm giving it food, unfortunately, what you don't see here is that we give this elephant money, coins or paper, it takes it in his trunk, and then blesses you by touching the top of your head with its trunk, then drops the money to his owner, at its feet.  Fascinating!!!
 No, I wasn't hot!  lol
Me, really impressed, touching this beautiful creature.  So gentle, yet so strong!
 A part of my room in Mamallapurum
 Gandi's statue in Puducherry, people go up to touch, as it is good energy for them.
 Night time in Puducherry
















1 comment:

  1. Omg charles !!!! Bernard te ressemble tellement! shit c'est pas croyable! Je croyais que c'était toi avant que j'agrandisse la pic ! wow ! Continue de vivre le moment présent mon homme, et impreigne toi de ce berceau de notre race qu'est l'inde. Je suis content de te connaitre ! xxx

    ReplyDelete