October 13, 2010

Quelle belle journee!!!  What a beautfiul day!

We started the day early with a simple egg and toast breakfast, home made at our French hotel (it is not a restaurant, we had it in there kitchen), the coffee was the best one I had since I left Montreal (Emily, it doesn't beat yours!)

Then we left to find the tourist information center!  For my French friends, it was like "les 12 travaux d'Asterix, no joke!!!  We go to the address in the guide, but can't find it, it has moved (my guide is 2009).  We ask a lady, who knew where it was, yet didn't know how to direct us, so we don't find it.  We go to the French Aliance building and ask them, they send us in the wrong direction.  We ask a taxi driver, he says he doesn't know (we were 2 min walk from there, you would think a taxi driver would know).  etc.... until we get back in front of the first place we asked!  I then say: "Tabarnak!!" and with my loud voice the lady comes out of here office to ask if she can help.  Seeing the look of discouragement on our face, she ask someone to come with us and show us!  We find it, we had pass it 2 times already, yet the building is under construction, so we can't see what is written on it.  It is the tourist info center, you would think they would make sure tourist can find it!!!  We laugh, it was too good!

By the time we walk in, we are so wet it isn't funny!  I sit on the ceramic floor to look at brochures, of course a man suggest I can use the chairs... the floor is much cooler I answer, he thinks I'm a bit weird!!!  lol (I know I am).  We then discover that their is a botanical garden in Puducherry, I tell Helen, no need to go look for it, it probably has moved too!!!  We burst in laughter, everyone in there has a smile on their face by then, it's all good, Amazing India it is!

Then we rented a motor bike, Helen has her bike permits.  So not typical to have a cute sexy girl driving a motor bike, with the man behind her!  Guys were turning there heads a bit, I thought it was funny!  So we visited a bit, have not found the first place we were looking for, had a very hard time finding the second one.  It seams an address here is know only by the person living or working there (I'm exaggerating a bit, but not to much!)

This morning, while looking for the tourist place we have found a place to do yoga (which again seams hard to find, or hard to book, or you have to buy the next 10 classes, or the moon needs to be aligned with the sun... so we took rendez-vous for 6PM.  It was a great class, we both loved it!  We booked one more for tomorrow morning, I can't wait!  I also booked one in another place on Monday evening, its good, I'm starting to do yoga daily I hope for a few weeks at least!

For lunch we went in a very local only type restaurant, eat with our hands, food on a banana leaf instead of plates.  It was vegetarian only, very tasty and good service.  Total of the bill, for the two of us, complete lunch, glace of some kind of milk and chai tea, was 74Rs.  $1.50.  Wow!

I went to get my hair shave today, and face.  They do it like in the old days, with the blade in your face!!! loved it, the guy did my pinch almost like me, with lots of care.  Mini head massage and all!!!  It was filmed and there are a few pics... I'll upload them tomorrow if all goes well.


So life is amazing, I'm happy, healthy, doing yoga now and maybe a massage course next week, lets see if that follows through!

lots of metta your way!
Charles

1 comment:

  1. Shit tu devais te sentir bien après t'avoir fait faire la barbe....elle a l'air gentille Helene, content que vous fassiez un bout ensemble.

    Metta mon ami !

    ReplyDelete