February 09, 2011

The world is a mirror

Hello beautiful souls, I hope you are all doing well today!

The past few days were amazing, life is treating me well.  My treatment with signing bowls was pretty intense, I loved it, relaxing and healing at the energetic levels.  I felt connected for a while when I walked out of there.  Also I have spent a day with Pichet, the Thai Yoga Massage "guru", it was pretty special to say the least.  Would be hard to put in a few words.  Lets just say that he was more about the philosophy and the approach to massage then about teaching new moves, but that was all fine.  He is definitely a "guru" of some sort, wise and weird.  Forget about the technique he would say, it is all about the attitude, the approach.  Start by listening to your own body, and healing yourself, then you will be able to help others.  I enjoyed it, really happy I went, but will not put more money to learning with him at this point.

Yesterday and today I have learned Thai oil massage, a very nice, warm, relaxing approach to oil massage.  It is a beautiful technique, I hope I get to practice in the next few days because learning it in two days was a challenge.  Yet I have filmed the teacher giving it to me, so that will help.  It was a one on one approach, can't wait to let some of you try this and get your feedbacks.  Because of that I have cancelled my 2 days meditation but I have found some 10 day meditation retreat that I will do instead before coming back.

I will be leaving Chiang Mai tomorrow for Laos, I can't wait to go discover a new place, a new country.  After almost a month of Thailand, most of it in Chiang Mai, I feel like it is time for me to move.  Chiang Mai is amazing, but I could be in Montreal it is so tourist friendly.  I hope Laos will be a bit more ... "different" then home.

I have meditated for a good 15 minutes today on a passage in one of Osho's book that I am reading.  He was saying that the world is a mirror, it shows you back what you put out.  That the only way to change what you see in the mirror, is to change yourself.  The only way to change the world, the way you experience it, is by changing yourself.  Stop complaining about the way the world is, the way your reality is, change your attitude, your inner self and the world around you will change.  His analogy was that it is like when you are in the mountain, and there is echo.  If you bark, it will back back at you.  If you sing a nice loving song, it will sing back at you.  I loved it!  I already agreed with that, not the first time I read this concept, but I love the simple way he has put it.  That is exactly how life works, so I say: "Stop having pity for yourself, take responsibility for your reality, for what life is serving you back.  Accept that you have created it!  Then change it.  Change the barking to a beautiful song, that power is in your hands.  No one else can change the world for you.  We have a hard time changing ourselves, it is pretty ridiculous to think we could change the world."

In the last few days I was told by Pichet, the Thai massage "guru", when he gave me a few minutes of massage, that I protect myself to much, that I am not allowing him to help me.  And then by the singing bowl healer, that my hart chakra could be more open, that I have a beautiful and powerful energy but that I don't share it.  I have certainly learned to protect myself in life, not wanted to be hurt anymore, not wanted to feel pain anymore, not allowing myself to be vulnerable anymore. Meditation seams to be the only key, so one day at a time I intend to learn to feel more, to be more in touch with my own emotions.  Maybe this is one of the reason that I left my last relationship, and the one before for that matter.  Protecting myself, preventing the possible pain that could happen.  I don't know!  I know I have been hurt by "friends" growing up, and losing my mother was certainly a major factor in closing my hart chakra and not wanting to feel that type of pain ever again.  I don't really know, maybe I will need to meditate on that for a while before I get the answers, but for now I am at least aware of it.  So I will start by saying, I LOVE YOU and I am ready to be hurt to love you more everyday!  I want to open my hart to the world, I want to be vulnerable again with those that I trust.  We'll see how my ten day meditation retreat will help with that, maybe it'll crack me open, let me cry for a few hours, release some stuff, who knows!  By the way, I don't feel bad about all that, I know that I am capable of love, capable of venerability, it is just a mater of reaching the best version of who I can be!

Here is where I want to go for my ten day meditation retreat: www.suanmokkh-idh.org

After that I will go finish my diver certification somewhere south of Thailand, then make my way to Malaysia maybe before coming back to Canada.  I guess within 4-8 weeks I will have to come back, so ... see you all soon!

Big hug, filled with love from my opening hart chakra!!!  lol

Charles,
Metta!


No comments:

Post a Comment