February 11, 2011

Nong Khai pictures... some reflexions about life: Is God the creator of our reality? Is he the one pulling the strings?

Nong Khai, Thailand

New temple in construction

By the river, Mong Khai

Friendship bridge, in the distance, connecting Laos and Thailand

Mong Khai

For all of you who had never seen such a toilet, or never had to use, I thought it could be fun to share.  I think you can guess that the water is to flush... it is also to wash your ass... which I never do, I use kleenex!!!




Cabadge growing in the hill, Buddha whatching over them!  lol


Not to sure about these sausages...  They were parked in front of that house, I liked!

The tuk-tuk of Mong Khai (taxis), I love!

This is s full park of huge status of Hindu and buddhist diaties.  Verry interesting and impressive.






My tuk-tuk driver, it was a certain distance from town, so I invited him to join me in the park so he could bring me back.  He accepted gladely.  He spoke verry little English, we still manage to laught a few times together.  He made me visit a few spot on our way back, was all good.  Of couse I paid a little more, he appreciated!






Propane is used a lot here and manipulated without the extra care that we would require in Canada.



Here are some of my writing, or reflexion of the last few days.  I was not sure if I would share, but I decided I should.

Is God the creator of our reality?  Is he the one pulling the strings?  Is God really an observer that judges us?  Is he the one deciding over our health, wealth and luck?  I honestly don’t think so anymore.
I believe in God, don’t get me wrong.  I believe in this Divine force, beyond us, that encompasses everything.  Yet I don’t believe in a God that cares about our actions and thoughts.  This is a thin line, I know some of you don’t like what I’m writing already, but give me a chance.  I believe that God is the sum of all that exist, thus we are part of it.  Why would he judge parts of himself?

I think religion created a judging God, to create fear in us, thus to have control.  Religion, any religion, has created rules, supposedly dictated by God, in order to control the people.  God created us perfect, with free will, so we could experience the human form to its fullest.  The only rules are the laws of the Universe.  Actions create reactions; what goes around comes around.  Do good, and good you shall receive, and vice versa.  So yes there are rules that govern our lives, but I don’t think they were given to us by a judging or controlling God.  They were explained to us, through Jesus, Buddha, Mohamed, etc, in order to help us have a greater experience of life.  The consequences of our action will not be judge by God, he will not punish us if we act differently to what he instructed; it will be the result of the Universal laws.  That’s what the book “The Secret” was all about.  You can control your life when you understand these laws because when you know how they work you can have them work for you.  It is not new stuff; the Bible says the same thing, as well as the other holy books of other religion.  The only difference is that in these books they make it sound like God will be the one deciding over the outcome.

All I am trying to express here is not to give control to an outsource force, not to blame an outsource force.  We are responsible for our life, we get what we deserve, we bring on our path the lessons we want to learn.  Prayer shouldn’t be about asking God something, prayer should be about gratitude.  Gratitude is a powerful energy, it says to the Universe/God, that we love this or that.  Thus we create a space in our life for more of this or that to keep coming.  So I pray: “I am thankful for all of you in my life.  I am thankful for all the lessons that came my way, for my health, my wealth, my luck, and my intelligence.  I am thankful that the ones I love are healthy, and that I can count on them as much as they can count on me.  And I am especially thankful that everything is perfect, here and now.”  I honor God as the Sum of All that exist, I feel blessed to be a part of it.  I want to be a good person, because I want good to keep coming my way.  I don’t want to sound like I know better, like I have the answer, I just want to share my understanding of many spiritual teachings that I came across in my life, what it echoed in me, how it transformed my world.  The world is a beautiful place if you want it to be, take control!

_______


On the road to Laos, the pretext is to obtain a visa for Thailand, which I could have done in India but I didn’t know.  And when I was trying to find this information I read many times something about a visa on arrival.  So I just trusted that that was the way to do it.  So now I need to leave the country before the 13th and get a visa if I want to come back.  For a visit to Thailand, up to 30 days as a Canadian we don’t need a visa, but for longer then that yes.  So might as well take advantage of that trip to visit Laos a little if I’m going to step in this country for two days, might as well do longer and discover a new country.  I didn’t research anything about Laos, I don’t have a guide book, so it will all be a surprise.  One thing that I know is that it is one of the best places to see elephant and do elephant trekking, which I will certainly do.  It feels good to be on the road again, to have the mini excitement of not knowing what is to come, how it’ll be, etc.

My month in Thailand was not as I expected it, filled with similar electricity then a city life can bring.  I was with people at many moments, didn’t read as much, didn’t meditate regularly, drank to much, spent to much, but I have enjoyed most of it, none the less.  I have loved my massage training with Remco, I can’t wait to practice.  Anyone interested for a good massage?  $45 for one hour for those who read this post and book in advance!  lol  Got to make money when I come back!  Also can’t wait to practice the two oil massage techniques, Kalari massage, learned in India and Sabai Massage learned in Thailand – these will be free for the first 5 people!  Put your name on the list quickly!  Ok, enought marketing!  lol

I am now in Nong Khai, near the Laos border, across Vientiane, Loas.  It is a small town, slow and calm, built along side the river, peaceful and beautiful.  I had plan a day here, might do two.  It felt good to walk all day and to be alone, in my head and bubble today.  Although many tourist pass through here to get there going to Laos it doesn’t have the electricity of a tourist town.  My guess house is quiet, with a simple and mini room made of wood, very open to the outside, with a big yard and a few tables.  Just across the road is the river, I could live here for a few weeks!  Tomorrow or Saturday I will cross to Laos, for 2 weeks or so.  I have no plans, all will depends of where I go for my 10 day meditation retreat.  At this point I have sent three different emails, I’m waiting to get some infos.

Love you guys!


Metta!


Charles



1 comment:

  1. Mets-moi sur ta liste pour un massage!! lol

    Ca te donnera un excuse pour passer à Montreal ou moi aller à Ottawa :-)

    Je pars en solo au Mexique dans 6 jours...can't wait. J'aurai une pensée pour toi!

    Sébastien Gagnon

    ReplyDelete