November 22, 2010

Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're going to get!

I am loving Alappuzha, even though it is not really Venice like... that much.  Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful!  Love the slow pace of the town, everyone seams calm and good.

Yesterday we have taken the "public" boat bus to get to an island that was about 1 hour away (with many stops on the way).  It was a lot cheaper then renting a boat for the three of us and we got to go only where we wanted to.  It was a great ride to go, it rained most of the way back.  I loved the walk on the island, it is such a mini village and was a different vibe then anywhere else I have been up to now.  We had an amazing lunch, home made food in what seams to be the only guess house there.  I have gotten many great pics of local people and we waited for the boat with a local man who was drunk and spoke no English.  Yet he was very talkative, singing to us and everything.  I must say he was a bit to much, yet it remains a great memory.

Stephanie, you suggested that I rend a house boat for one night, which I wont, since it is my budget for about one week of guess house and food for just one day!  On an other visit maybe!  But I can relate on why it would be amazing, I have pics of boat house, for the other readers, you will see how nice it is.

Arriving at Alappuzha beach!  The secret beach that is!  We took a public bus for 14km to get there, plus a few minutes of walking, it was worth it, plus it was a beautiful afternoon!



Boat house, you can rent it for 24hours or more, to live on it, with a chef that prepare the food and all.  TV, AC, all you could want is available for the right price.  I decided not to do it since it is to much budget.

Transportation from one island to another!

Stolen picture during the public boat bus ride.
Transportation of sand, for construction purpose.  There is a motor on the right side, at the rear of the boat.

Jeffrey, in the public boat.  Cute little girl with her mom behind him!

Big bridge, for pedestrians or bicycle from one island to the next, high enough for big boats to get under, wow!

Two guys I met on the boat, we are actually standing in the bathrooms.  At the rear end of the boat, two doors, two little cabin, open to the sky, had a hole in the floor for your release.  Then a bucket to get water and wash it off a little.  I'm glade I didn't get to use it!!!

Walking around the island we visited.

House boat.

Kids loving to get there pictures taken, then they want to look at it on our cam and they are happy with that!  Loved it!

I thought she was beautiful, she was a little embarrassed I think when I asked for a photo of only her.


From the boat, on our way back, between two moments of rain fall.  Love it!



Oh!  I forgot to share about bed bugs… again this week.  In the room we took in Kochi we had bed bugs in the room.  The second night we were there Dan saw a bug on the bed, he goes:”you think this is a bed bug?” To which I said:”no, to big.”  After a google search on my phone, we found a picture of bed bugs, and that what is was.  We freaked out for a few seconds, started to look carefully in the beds… there wasn’t a lot, but there was a few mini ones and a few big ones.  We have killed as much as possible, then sprayed the sheets with some bugs repellent, did the same the next night and the left for Alappuzha.  At this point I think we are ok, we have only got a few bites on the first night, none on the second, and none since in the new room.  Yet, they can live up to 1 year without feeding, so they could be hiding somewhere in my bag and on my clothes.  Lets hope for the best!!!

Tomorrow Dan is leaving for the North of India, I have to say that although I have enjoyed having company, I’m looking forward to getting back in my bubble.  It has nothing to do with him, I just feel I need to be alone more, be more with myself and focus on what is going on inside.  I have a few good books I want to read and I have started to write a little everyday to keep a log of my travel, my thoughts, my experience and what I’m getting out of it.  I still don’t know where I want to go next, I mean, after this trip.  Odette, a friend who lives in Fredericton, NB, is taking part of starting some sort of health center and she suggested I could come and work there.  I have to say the idea is appealing!  I’m also thinking the south of France could be good, working in a tourist type of resort, doing massage, teaching yoga, enjoying the beach!!  So many options, such a beautiful dilemma. 

Well, I hope you are enjoying this, I sure am, especially when you write feedbacks, here or on facebook, or when I get an email.  Don't hesitate to write and send me news about yourselves.

I miss you my friends!
lots of love your way!

Happy Charles!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment