November 03, 2010

From Panaji (or Panjim)

Just arrived in Panaji, central Goa, capital of Goa, 98.915 population, from the Portugese influance, very cute, clean, and somewhat laid back for the size of the city.  Enjoying it, yet one or two days max I'm guessing.  Next stop, probably Anjuna.

I have spent the last tree nights, in Hampi, in a little hut, made of mud, yet with electricity.  Basic living meets the tourists needs.  Clean, nice and different.  Didn't take any pictures, sorry, yet should find some more on side of the ocean in Anjuna.  I have seen a 4-5 foot long snake yesterday, just before leaving, just beside my hut!  Ouff... I was glade I had befriend with this dog who was sleeping at my door step and who reacted, and somewhat sent it away.  I guess I was somewhat ready for it, and it was not coming my way, so I was more curious then frighten to my supprise!

Took a sleeper bus to here, which means I had a little bed to myself (and my huge backpack), yet was lucky that the bed next to me was empty so got to put my bag there.  For 600Rs ($12) I did a 12 hour ride (not going 100km/hr, most have been 50km max!  Yet got to sleep well and ready to enjoy the day here.  Found a cheap guess house room for 300Rs, with basic bathroom and for the first time the turkish toilet (will get a pic), basically a hole in the floor that you squate over to do your things.  It kind of looks better then you could imagine it, it is made with porcelain like a our toilet, yet just large enough for both our feet on it and our ass over!  lol  Glade to be a man, at least I don't need to squate for peeing!  The place is not to welcoming, a bit old and somewhat dirty, yet the room is ok.  For the price it is all good!  Better put money on other stuff.

Here are a few pics I took this morning:







Have an amazing day people!!!
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment