November 14, 2010

Last day in Goa, tomorrow Cochin

Hello everyone, after more then a week in Calangute I will be leaving tomorrow for Cochin, in a 14 hour train ride.  Night train that is, with a bed (mini) to sleep, so it should't be that bad.

Calangute, Goa, was beautiful, I enjoyed the beach everyday met many beautiful people.  I met a guy from Mtl, who had befriend with a british couple, so we had a great meal all three of us and went out that night in a discotheque.  It was cool to dance a bit.  At one point of the evening a (white, maybe british) girl started to dance on a podium and all the indian men went crazy, it was funny to watch.  That was a great night, good time.

Yesterday I met a Canadian and an American guy who were together for the day, we spent the day together and I befriended with the Canadian guy, with whom I visited a beach up north of Goa today, way calmer, lesser people, and I had an amazing meal and great coffee!

I never ended up finishing my last dive for scuba as my ear is just starting to feel better.  It is good, I didn't have to pay the full price, so I can finish this anywhere in the world within 12 mths.  I'm thinking Tailand!!!

I have put a link for cochin at the top of this post, which will make you wait for the next pics.  I also promise I will take more pictures of people and situation, actually want to test the one on my phone, then it would be more subtle.

I have also started to write a post about what I have experience, learned, ect... taking a different angle to my trip then the day to day.  Might get a bit personal, not sure if I'll share everything, but hoping to share some learning with this one.

Did a yoga class two days ago, was intersting, espacially that the guy was pretty convinced to be the Big Shot Yoga Teacher, after a few minute of conversation with him I had to try a class, to either learn from the best or know more about this guy.  It was an ok class, but nothing out of the ordinary.  It was really quick, no focus on the breath, and more oriented as a workout then a meditative approach!  And then he tells me I should come back a few time, that it would help my flexibility.  Not that type of class I thought!!!

Next stop will have much to visit and see, plus it is suppose to be the nicest province of India, all Indians from the south seams to think so anyway!

Take care guys,
miss you!

Happy snow and cold days!
lots of warm hugs from the east beach of Goa!!!
x
Metta

Charles

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are sharing your trip with all of us Charles. I look forward to learning from your new insights and lessons :)
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
    Chantal XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore te lire Charles!!! Merci pour ta grande générosité! Continue de nous faire voyager et vivre à travers tes yeux!

    Bisou
    Nan

    ReplyDelete