November 10, 2010

First day of Scuba diving in the ocean / update of the last few days

I don't know where to start, it's been a few days.  Goa is a beautiful place, a nice smale province, many places to see yet very similar.  I have beautiful big room, nice and clean, 1min walk from the beach, and close to everything by scooter.  I don't pay to much, considering, 350Rs/day.  I have negociate a scooter for 175Rs/day, he wanted 250 so not to bad.  Its a bit old but I came to love it!  : )

A few days ago, I have met an australian guy visiting around and we spent a day together visiting, Anthony.  I had my scooter, he had the guide, I joked that he was the tour guide, it was fun.  I did over 200 km with my scooter since last Friday, loving it!  I have a helmet now, but got arrested, in a bigger town, 'cause I didn't have one.  500rs ($10) fine to be told to go on with my ride.  Found out later by talking to a local person the normal fine is normally 100Rs, yet that would have meant paper work and a note on my driving profile, so I guess $10 is ok.  Went back to where I rented the bike and was given something like a helmet, the strapps are tide together so I can put them under my chin, yet it looks like I am protected.  Most indian don't tie there straps anyways.

Today was my first day of scuba diving in the ocean, wow!!! what an experience.  Yet, scarry!!!  I didn't think the feeling of being at 25 feet deep would frighten me, yet it did.  You feel very much dependent of your air source, and you realise how you take breathing for granted the rest of the time.

We did two dives, both in not to clear of water, a bit of corals, a few fishes, but nothing like we see on tv.  Its ok, it was for the experience, not the scene!  I still loved it.  Tomorrow we are going at a boat reck, can't wait.  I have to say I had a few moments of mini panick under water, wanting to go back up, breath fresh air.  But I resisted, and calmed down, all was fine.  The only mini problem was my right ear that I couldn't get to equalise the pressure, it hurted a bit.  The same ear that caused me problem when I went parachuting.  So I had to quite the last dive a bit sooner, but that is all good.  I took some sinus med and it feels better already, hoping I can do all of my technical stuff tomorrow for my certification, for which we have to reach 9 m/30 feet.  Should be all fine.  I did 94 on my theory test, so I'm happy about that.

I have taken some pics driving around a few places in Goa state, it is beautiful.  Also a few sunsets on the beach, which are beautiful here. I have to say that I am not taking pictures of the not so beautiful part of India, and I'm not doing to much toursit shots where you see people in there everyday life.  I will eventually, yet I feel like a voyeur when I do it, I sometime ask, but rarely have the courage too.

It seams I can't upload pics now, so more to come soon!

Lots of love your way,
new destination to come soon too!

Love life, it'll love you back!

take care!
c.
Metta

No comments:

Post a Comment