January 13, 2011

Reflexion on India

Leaving India tomorrow, I am ready for Thailand and I am thankful for every minute India had to offer me.  India was beautiful for me from day one to now.  It has helped me get more focus, go inside, feel more connected with the rest of the world.  I have the opportunity to be with myself, to be silent for many hours a day, to do exactly what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it.  When I left for India I wanted to learn more about my spiritual side, checked, wanted to face some of my fears, including being alone, checked, wanted to learn to be more assertive and express my thoughts, whether it would please or not to others, checked!  I have met amazing people, shared great and inspiring conversations, and better, was told that I was an amazing person, was inspiring, beautiful soul, had a great hart, and even been called a Guru. I have learned to be at ease and embrace the whole of me, I wanted to learn more about myself and about life, and I did.  I wanted to learn skills that will help me help people, and I did.  I even helped people along my travelling.  I am happy I have taken this journey inside of me, outside, into the world, connecting with a different reality, to understand better what is going on, on my planet.
We see publicity about India on TV, calling it Incredible India.  Well, that is what it is, incredible!  Incredible to see the two extreme co-existing so beautifully.  Rich and poor, honest and “cheating”, beautiful clean and educated, ugly, dirty, and uneducated.  You are seen as a great guess of India, of their province, of their city, of their temples.  You are also perceived as walking bank machine, possibility to make money, to take advantage of.  Like we are so rich we disrespect money, we should just give it away, using the pity card on you or the salesmen pitch after a fake friendly moment, sharing tea or chit-chatting about anything.  It is a game here, to go from the inexperience tourist, that gets caught in their games, and pays too much for everything, to be the experienced traveler, who negotiates more than an Indian tourist.  The only thing I regret, per say, is not to have learned a little Hindi, one of the two national language (the other one being English).  Although in the south, each province has its own language, and the less educated speaks little Hindi, but in the north, they less educated don’t even speak much English, it is Hindi and the language of their province.  There is 26 official languages in this country, almost each province speaks a different language, plus Hindi and/or English.
I was on train and buses with people around me not understanding English, or very little of it.  I have spent days not talking to anyone but a few words to waiters.  I have spent time reading, writing, thinking, doing yoga, meditating, loving my life, loving everyone and everything around me.  Feeling good, feeling at one with all that exist.  I know this sounds airy fairy, but it is true.  I had many moments where I just felt guided to the next destination, where I was “hearing”/getting the message everyone had for me on my path.  Some places were great to connect with nature, others to connect with the past, others urban and full of electricity.  A few places were sacred, blessed with a certain aura, with a certain vibe, a reality of its own almost.  For me these were Mamallapurum, Hampi, Allapuzha, Kovalam, and Varanasi.  A special place will always remain the meeting of the three rivers in Allahabad, for the silence I was able to have by that river.  Maybe the fact that I was alone, the sun was at the exact right spot, the birds, everything was right.  I could be in a spiritual place, go inside, and not have someone comes to me to sell me something for one of the first time, maybe that has contributed.  Maybe the fact that this sacred place was not to “polluted” with foreigners, thus changing the behavior of the people and the scene with all the shops growing like mushrooms.  Maybe it really was its energy, its vibrations.

Of course I touched the water, put some of my forehead, and in my neck, I did the same with the Gange by the way.  Believing gives it half of its power, so I guess half of the work is done!  Lol

India, spiritual India, Incredible India, thank you for every vibration, every possibility and every encounter.  For ever I will feel gratitude for this moment in my life.

Metta to all of you!
I love you!
Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment