January 16, 2011

I love Bangkok, I will adore Thailand I'm sure!

Wow!  I don't even know where to start!  I'm sorry for all my Indian friends, but it feels so good to be back in a clean city!  I am in Bangkok, a city of 10 million people, and it feels slow and quiet after India.  I am also amaze about how clean everything is.  My room is like a 5 star hotel, no honking in the streets, traffic is organized, cars actually stops at street corners, they even give you priority when you want to cross the streets, nothing to avoid on the streets as I am walking, trash cans everywhere, I had forgotten all about this.  Don't get me wrong, I loved India, it felt like home after such a long time, and I was not finding particularly dirty or noisy... but now that I compare again, I realized I had gotten use to it!

I have been my usual traveler, walking like crazy to visit this beautiful city.  I am excited to be in a big urban setting again, it kind of has a certain Montreal feel about it that I adore (Bigger of course).  People are so friendly, nice, polite and helpful, it is beautiful.  I've been eating Thai soup like crazy and I am loving the fact that they are available on the streets, everywhere, all the time, and really cheap (35-40 Bat so just over a dollar).  I had a very great Thai massage yesterday, loved it of course, yet I was expecting a bit more stretching and twisting, but it was still good.  I can't wait to get to Chang Mai and start my training!!!

Bangkok is like any big modern city, it has a subway, a sky train, lots of skyscraper and a night life.  So after four months of India, mostly going to bed early and not really partying, last night I went out, got a bit drunk and ... lets just say I didn't sleep alone!  It felt good to dance and flirt, but I'm looking forward to a calmer beat in Chang Mai, going back to yoga and meditation, which I haven't done for over two weeks now almost, not in a dedicated way anyway.

Thanks for all of you who have been sending me a note here and there, letting me know how you like the blog and the pics, I want to share more of my last India pictures before I start uploading some of Thailand, but then again I don't want to spend to much time in front of a computer everyday, and I am sure you all understand that.

Some stuff is similar to India, you still have to bargain whatever you want to buy on the street, and with the taxi drivers, but that is all fine, I like the challenge every time.

Today I took a boat bus, because Bangkok is divided by a big river on the west side.  It was cool to see the big building of the city on each side of the river, the point of view was interesting and impressive.

Anyway, I can't write to much for now, I have got to get to the airport, one of my best friend from Montreal, Erik Lefebvre, is coming to meet me in Thailand to spend almost three weeks here.  He is reaching Bangkok tonight, I can't wait to see him.  It'll be different to be two for a little while, it'll allow to share some expenses and some fun time!

Pictures to come soon, I promise!
Charles
Metta!

No comments:

Post a Comment