December 02, 2010

Trivandrum... Kerala... Rain, rain, rain...

Hey everyone, I hope you are all well

Lets talk body odors: I have been smelling a different smell since I am here.  When I sweat, it is not my normal smell, I stink like you can't even began to imagine.  3 weeks ago I discovered, after running out of mine, a spray deodorant that works most of the day - instead of just a few hours - and it actually smells good!  But yesterday, I found a soap, advertised on TV, that is a full body deodorant, and for the first time last night I went to bed without having to take another shower, and I didn't stink.  It might not feel like a big new or excitement for you guys, but let me tell you I feel better now.  I wash and spray and powder (to absorb moisture) and love it!  Little things, when you are alone for a while, kind of seam like a big deal!!! lol

Today was a fantastic day for me, after 5 days of rain I have decided to get a massage.  There is only so much you can do and visit in the rain, so I thought why not get a good massage.  WOW!  1 hour of massage, plus 45 minutes of a head massage, with an oil recipient over your head, oil is constantly being poured on your forehead for 45 minutes.  Very relaxing!  Then he gave me a full wash, sitting on a little bench, he washed my whole body but my private parts.  Very interesting.  I felt like a king being taken care for for over two hours.  And of course all of that for just a few $$ of my budget!  Kerala, the state that I'm in, is known for its special Kerala Ayurvedic massage.  The massage was good, yet I had better, but the whole treatment felt amazing.

There is something about rain and their hair... Indians all have umbrellas, or put a plastic bag on there head when it rains.  Most men don't wear a helmet when they drive there bike, but they wear it even walking down the street when it is raining (not everyone, but some do!!!).  I'm not sure about the reason behind it, why they don't want to get there hair wet or mess the hair up, but I think it is funny.  Plastic bags, handkerchief, what ever they are carrying can become something to protect the head.  Not sure if it is all over India but have seen this in two cities in Kerala.

I haven't done much pictures in the last few days since it has been raining a lot, plus Trivandrum is a nice city, yet not to inspiring.  Clean, somewhat modern, but from what I have seen at this point, in the rain, nothing to inspiring.  One great temple, all black, kind of weird, first time I see this, not sure how the picture will turn out, might try to take another one before I leave tomorrow if it is not raining.

Ok, well, that's it for tonight, back to my room, reading Osho inspiring thoughts.  I love this man!

Take care guys,
miss you and love you!!!

All the best!
Enjoy the nice white scenery for me, kind of miss it since I am not there!  ; )

 

No comments:

Post a Comment