March 27, 2011

Just a quick post to say that all is well, not much more to report.  Life here is good, today the sun was part of the game, that felt good!  I have been in Sungai Petani for three days now, I have met with a friend who lives here, that I have met in Bangkok two months ago.  He is Malay and have a nice house here.  I am lucky that he has welcomed me to his place for a few days.  The modern comfort is almost strange to me.  Washing machine, hot showers, car, cooking food, preparing coffee, what luxuries!  We take little things of the everyday modern life for granted, and then we also get use not to have these little things, but when we get them back we realize how much we appreciate them.  I mean, I don't mind washing my clothes by hand, but I can never squeeze as much water out of them then any washing machine can, thus cutting the drying time by more then half!  Also, making coffee the way I like it, and you all know how I can be picky on my coffee if I get the chance, I love it!  Today I even both fresh coffee for my host, I can't wait until tomorrow morning.  Did you know that they Malay coffee is only 55% coffee, the rest is sugar and... margarine!!!  There is a Starbuck in town, so I went to get some fresh beens tonight, got them grounded, and tomorrow morning will be ecstasy!

We have visited Penang Island, it is the tourist spot around here, where people go to do a quick renewal of their Thai visa.  It was nice, we went to the beach, and if you read my last post, I got sting by a jelly fish on the inside of my left wrist.  It hurts like crazy!!!  Two days later of putting some cortisone cream on it feels better.  I still have a big red mark, but the inflammation is gone and most of the pain.  So I will repeat this, peeing on it will not help.  Salt water to rinse it on the spot is the best thing, should you have vinegar on hand that could help too.  But know that a few species of jelly fish's poison will not be stopped by vinegar, it will make it worst, so not much to do!  Anyway, it got all swollen quickly, a can of cold coke helped to reduce the inflammation until we found a pharmacy, there I got the cream and some pills to fight the pain and the coming itchiness.

I will only post one pic for now, I did take a few but nothing to interesting, mostly souvenirs.  Here is a pic of my sandal after a fight with an automatic escalator!  It literally eat my sandal!!!


I wish you all an amazing day!
Until next time, with more pics!

xx

Big hug,
Metta!

Happy Charles in Malaysia!

No comments:

Post a Comment